After many tests print I finally got to print some real stuff these last day. The first object was something completely
useless but full of gears and very cool (so by my standard indispensable).
One of the mistake I made, was to print the raft and the pin out of PLA. I could not get them to stick to the bed without but couldn’t separate the result so my yellow internal pieces have a black layer 🙂
The end result is a nice transformer like cube…
My second print was one of my puzzle:
double dovetail with a twist.
The pieces are large and I got warping as my bed is not heated… Nevertheless, the comb infill is nice to see…
The dovetails ended pretty flat, and just a little bit of sanding was necessary to allow a nice sliding between the parts.
And here is the final assembly 🙂 I need to design more puzzle!
And here is the puzzle in action!
[<<Prev. – A New comer] [3D Printer articles] [Mass Customization – Next>>]
This entry was posted in
3D printer, 3D Touch printer, Autodesk Inventor, Impossible Objects, Puzzles and Brain teasers and tagged 3d printing, Autodesk Inventor, brain teaser, gears, puzzle, Thingiverse on . April 27, 2013